Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Office Hours

via
One of the things I loved most about high school was how close I became with all of my teachers. Many of them seemed (and acted) like a second set of parents. They were never afraid to yell at me when I needed it, but offered more support and advice than I could ever ask for. When I first arrived at college, I immediately missed the hours I would spend talking with my high school teachers about academics, celebrities or surviving life in high school. But I soon learned I still had the chance to develop relationships with my professors.

Office hours are a time for students to meet with their professors outside of class time and discuss their work, the course or really anything they want! It's a great time to talk more about something you might not have covered in class, or anything you're confused about. If there's one thing I always wish I did at the end of each term, it's that I went to more office hours and got to know my amazing professors even better. Your teachers may give you hours of homework and tests, but they really are invaluable!

No comments:

Post a Comment