Friday, February 21, 2014

Not Just for Cookies...

via

When I was little, I would run to the door every time Girl Scouts delivered their boxes of goodness… I mean cookies. My sisters and I were never Girl Scouts, but I would see my friends head off to meetings and I couldn't help but be jealous of their badges and camping trips. 


via

Girl Scouts is for girls of all backgrounds, interests and ages. Being a Girl Scout is still a great thing to do in high school! You can find troops all over the world, and each Girl Scout can earn badges, go hiking and camping, and volunteer in her local community. From first aid to financial savvy, Girl Scouts fosters practical skills, confidence and leadership in each and every girl. Check out what you can do with Girl Scouts here!


Justice Sandra Day O'Connor 

Many leaders in business, science, and politics participated in Girl Scouts, such as Associate Supreme Court Justice Sandra Day O'Connor. Justice O'Connor grew up in Texas and Arizona, and joined the Girl Scouts before attending Stanford University and Stanford Law. After starting her own law firm and serving as a judge, she was appointed as the first woman on the Supreme Court bench. Justice O'Connor served on the Court for over 24 years before retiring in 2006. Today, she continues to write and hear federal cases. She also founded iCivics, a website for teens to learn about our government through games and activities. Now that's a Girl Scout!

No comments:

Post a Comment