Tuesday, February 25, 2014

My last post!


Hey everyone! I’m writing today to reflect a bit on my (brief) blogging career. Here are some of my main takeaways from the experience, and what I hope you learned by following along!

1.     Women can and should be leaders! Even if a certain career or college major isn’t particularly common or stereotyped as “feminine,” don’t let yourself be deterred! Pursue a career that you’re truly passionate about, regardless of what society or the media says. Don’t be afraid to dream big!
2.     Try new things! One of the best things about college is that you can try as many new things as you want with little associated risk. Think you’re interested in chemistry? Try an intro class! If you don’t like it, there’s no pressure to pursue it any further.
3.     Blogging is fun! Writing in a more casual setting can be a nice break from the pressure of formal academic writing. I’ve also learned that consistency is key! It’s important to post often in order to maintain the attention of your readers.

And that’s it! I hope this blog has helped you to feel empowered and inspired as a woman, regardless of what your dreams and goals are. Until next time!

Marie

No comments:

Post a Comment