Saturday, February 22, 2014

College Spotlight: Stanford

As a West Coast boy, one of the hardest things to do was to leave the sunshine and to venture to the ice cold tundra of New England. For me, I felt the comfort of shorts and sunshine which I was so accustomed to would not enact the personal change that I wanted to benefit from during my four years in college.


If I were to have stayed out west, one of the schools I would have applied to would have been Stanford. Nestled in Palo Alto, this school is nothing short of phenomenal. Many of my friends from high school ended up there, through sports recruiting and just academic excellence. Whenever I visit the campus, it is just ripe with good West Coast vibes. Students lounging outside in the sun, shorts abound, and a sense of school pride is everywhere.

One reason I love this school though is because alumna Sandra Day O'Connor. She attended the school, not only for Undergrad but Law School as well. She later went on to serve as the First Woman on the Supreme Court. At Stanford you will do great things.


No comments:

Post a Comment